|Now to make it all work. First a few guidelines that
you MUST follow or suffer a problem I call the Random Axis
Syndrome...or RAS. Don't follow these guidelines and you will
quickly see what I mean and you may find that there is no way to
correct it and your animation is scrap! OK
1. Make sure that autorecord is ON (see the trueSpace manual or
ask in the forum if you don't know how to check this)
2. ONLY click the keyframe record button when the complete
object is selected. In other words, DO NOT manually
set a keyframe if only 1 or more of the boxes is selected.
3. DO NOT MOVE THE BOTTOM CUBE. It's very easy to do
even when you try to grab the top bone, so make whatever
adjustments are needed to make sure you leave it alone.
4. ALWAYS make sure the correct object Move, Scale or Rotate
button is selected and use the object manipulation widget for
5. When rotating the object(s) check that the object
manipulation widget has updated and is lined up with the actual
axis you intend to rotate on. If not, then select one of the other
buttons, say the move button, then reselect the rotate button to
5. Take your time and don't get in a fluster, that is a sure
way to fall prey to the destruction of RAS.